Saturday, September 7, 2013

October 12

By Al

Today, I had tickets to the New York ComicCon.  This is a major convention and gathering of comic book and science fiction publishers.  It was huge and quite overwhelming.  It was in several parts of the Jacob Javitz Convention Center.  I could not find and map of where things were and it was so crowded that it was difficult to get around.  I was able to buy several comics.  My biggest find was that some people were bringing back the Valient line.  This was my favorite publisher in the 90's.  They went out of business, but some new people were reviving the titles.  I bought all that they had and look forward to more coming out.  I also bought some books from some new publishers that looked interesting and that I wanted to encourage.

The most interesting thing was looking at the people in their costumes and at some of the celebrities that were there.


Costumed characters


More costumed characters


Brutis "The Barber" Beefcake, wrestling star


Tito Santana and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, wrestling stars



The television Batmobile.


The Bella Twins and Kelly Kelly, wrestling stars


Kelly Kelly


Costumed characters


Costumed characters mock fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment